gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Vote for this site!

gfx gfx
gfx
235671 Posts in 20719 Topics by 8889 Members - Latest Member: AgnesGiven August 09, 2022, 01:37:39 AM
gfxHomeForumPicturesHelpSearchGamesMobileProfileEventsLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
0 Members are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deer herd/population control  (Read 646 times)
Hammerlane
muderator
Trade Count: (8)

« on: November 30, 2021, 09:19:56 AM »

Another deer season come and gone without a shot.. I hunt hard, no bait and prefer to stalk than sit.. and aint skeered of the deep dark thick swamps and briars. Decades of hunting brought me at least 1 per year... Hunted up north with the father in law last year (East of I-75) for 2 weeks without seeing a single deer, no rubs/scrapes, nothing.. Town talk is of the "Hired" hunters.. apparently the state of Mich. has hired a fellow out of Traverse to "thin the herd"... he hunts at night, with spotlight on state land.. drops as many as he chooses and simply cuts the head off (to turn in to DNR for a $300 payment PER HEAD) leaving the rest of the carcass for the scavengers or drops them at the local landfill.   To date it appears this is true.. notice no/very few road kill north of Saginaw?..    This has been brought about by the insurance companies and the cattlemens asso. (yep, TB area has expanded a great deal).  Your thoughts? 

Over the Edge Sharpening systems, cutlery, shear, scissor sharpening

It's all fun and games till someone gets knocked up.. down or out !
Gone postal.. back in a minute!
lilred
Moundsville Muderator
muderator
Trade Count: (5)

I'm so much cooler online...

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »

I believe there was a record number of hunting licenses sold last year, maybe the population got cut down when everyone was busy not going to work.
Chevy Racer
Gold Member
Trade Count: (51)

Throw'in turtles....

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 07:34:53 PM »

I didn't make it out this year but didn't see a thing last year in pinconning. Out o f 3 people hunting the area one 1 got one.

[img width=100 height=100]
Hammerlane
muderator
Trade Count: (8)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »

I believe there was a record number of hunting licenses sold last year, maybe the population got cut down when everyone was busy not going to work.
Possible, however, where I was (Luzern, Ma Deeters) the deer herd in that area last year was almost non existent (I saw one in 10 days)..  3 months of trail cams showed several bucks, very few doe and no babies..

Over the Edge Sharpening systems, cutlery, shear, scissor sharpening

It's all fun and games till someone gets knocked up.. down or out !
Gone postal.. back in a minute!
0 Members are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx